49 Hartford Turnpike    |    Vernon, CT    |    860.288.4104


Question 1
Question 2
Question 3

What is a Medical Home?

A medical home is a medical office or clinic where a team of health professionals work together to provide care to their patients. Your Medical Home Team consists of all the staff at the office where you have chosen your preferred provider. (Please see home page and click on the office your have chosen as your medical home) HealthWise has eight Medical Home sites for you to choose from.

I need a translator?

If possible, please contact a member of your medical home team in advance of your next appointment and appropriate translation services will be arranged.

I am deaf or speech impaired - will you provide a translator?

If possible, please contact a member of your medical home team in advance of your next appointment and your team will make sure that a certified interpreter is available when you arrive for your appointment.

Can I use a member of my family as my interpreter?

We prefer that you do not use a member of your family for privacy reasons. However, if you feel comfortable with that family member, you can use that family member at your visit. All interpreters must be 18 years of age or older.

How can I reach a member of the team at times when the office is closed or not available?

You can reach a clinician 24/7 by calling your preferred providers' main telephone number. When the office is closed, all calls are answered prompty by our answering service who then contacts the provider on call. If the team is at lunch or not in the office yet, the answering service will send a message directly to the office who will call you back in a timely manner upon opening or coming back to the office. Please continue to dail 911 for Emergencies.

Can I pay my bill online?

Yes - simply click the link on our home page and you will be sent to our online bill pay service. It is secure and easy to use.

Whom do I contact regarding a privacy complaint or other complaint regarding my care?

There are several ways you can contact the privacy officer. Each Medical Home site has a "Complaint Form" that you can complete and mail privately to the officer. You can also go to the Contact us tab on this website and go to the section "Contact us" and use the drop down selections and find "File a Complaint". This complaint goes electronically to the Compliance Officer, anonymously. You can add your name and email address to the complaint if you choose to do so. You can also send your complaint via mail to: Compliance Officer, C/O HealthWise Medical Associates, LLP, 49 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066. A complaint form is available in our forms library under the "Patient Area."

How do I get a copy of my medical records?

Please go to our forms library and choose “Authorization for Release of Records.” Print and complete and mail to your provider’s office.

I have a question regarding my bill?

Please contact a Customer Service Representative at 860-872-2289 and ask for Customer Service. You can also submit a question regarding your bill under the prompt on our main page entitled “Contact Us.’ Choose “Question Regarding My Bill.” This will be sent directly to a Customer Service Representative.

Can I request an appointment online?

Yes, please go to your provider link on the main home page. Click the practice where you are a patient and go to “Contact Us”; Choose “Request an Appointment.” Please do not request an appointment on an emergency basis or for acute symptoms using this link. Please contact your provider directly. Please allow up to two working days for an answer to your request.

What forms should I bring with me to my appointment?

If you are a new patient to our practice please go to the forms library and print and complete the following forms: Acknowledgement of Notice of Privacy Practice (after you have Read our HIPAA Notice of Privacy on our main page); Adult or Child Adolescent Patient Registration (whichever applies);Authorization for Release of Records (if you need to request a transfer of records); Restrictions to Your Medical Information; and Review of Medical Systems - Symptoms. If you are an established patient, please print and update the following forms: Adult or Child Adolescent Patient Registration Form as well as the Review of Medical Systems Symptoms Form.

What insurance plans do you participate with?

HealthWise participates with most major plans in our area as well as Medicare and Medicaid.

What hospitals are your providers affiliated with?

All of our physicians have privileges at ECHN – Manchester Memorial and Rockville General Hospital. In addition our Pediatricians have privileges at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Our providers can also refer you to any hospital in our area for testing such as St. Francis or Hartford Hospitals or the University of Connecticut.

What is the difference between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician Assistant?

On our main page, under Member Portal, Articles of Interest, please read the article that details the education and training for both Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.

Other Questions

Please go to the "Contact Us" tab on our main page.

Latest News

Click Here for our Notice of Privacy Practice April 20, 2017

Notice of Privacy Practice

We Care

...for your family as much as you do.